A collection of glitches I’ve found and love.
My calm down jar!
I made some smaller ones for my classroom in little bottles, but I tend to get anxious or upset about things to the point of having a panic attack…so I made my bottle!
What are calm down bottle used for?
I personally use mine to relieve anxiety or bad thoughts that come my way, but I know of some parents who use them with their kids who are hyperactive or have spurts of anger. Heck, it’s fine if you want to make one just because it looks pretty darn awesome!
How do I use it?
Whenever you’re feeling stressed, upset, or just plain bored, give your container a good shaking and watch as it swirls around. Wait until all the glitter settles before continuing with the task at hand, or just wait until you’re calm. Don’t be afraid to give it a couple times for you to calm down, everyone is different! :>
How to make one
- Glass OR plastic container (glass is more durable, but will break easier if thrown or dropped)
-Glitter glue OR clear glue
-Anything that is durable in water! (e.g. glitter, confetti, bouncy balls, glow in the dark stars, polly pockets etc.)
1.Make sure your jar or bottle is clean and free from food or leftover sticky drinks
2. Pour in your glue of choice and make a layer that completely covers the bottom of your container. Depending on your container size, you may want it to be anywhere from 1 cm to 1 in thing (mine is about 2 inches thick with glue). The more glue you have, the slower it will settle.
3. Add the goods! Stuff your bottle with things that calm you or make you happy! Try to avoid things that will disintegrate in water.
4. Add very warm water until it fills it up nearly to the top. Leave some air in the container to make sure it will shake well.
5. Recap your container and secure with super glue
6. SHAKE IT! Make sure everything is swirling and mixing together!
7. Enjoy your calming jar/bottle!
I don’t have exact measurements for these items, so please forgive me! If you want some, there’s several tutorials online that can be found on how to make these settle for a specific amount of time (2 minutes to 20 minutes and so on).
i wanna feel how dogs feel when you let them go in a big field